Follow by Email

Friday, 15 July 2011

"WTF?" is the New Black

Just to clarify for those who are scratching their heads over the title of this post, The New Black is a term used by the fashion industry to describe the latest fad, trend or style.  You see, kids, when it comes to fashion, black is always in style, so to label something as “the new black” is to say it’s the hottest new thing (or thang).  Which is why I’ve bogarted the term for this post, because it seems to me that public profanity has reached such a level of acceptance in our society that it’s achieved “new black” status.  Like, seriously…WTF??

Don’t get me wrong; I’m no prude by any stretch of the imagination.  I’ve never hesitated to let a good curse word fly when the situation calls for it, and I may or may not be known as someone with quite the filthy mouth.  I’m not offended by the use of profanity I’m hearing out there in the world.  I’m just surprised by it.  Like, when did it become okay for people to freely drop f-bombs at work all day long?  Or for kids playing in their own backyards to curse and swear without seeming to care if their neighbours or even their parents can hear them?  I’ve definitely seen an increase in the use of the “F” word in print lately, such as in magazines and newspapers, and even my 67-year-old mother-in-law used the word “cocksucker” recently to describe a friend of her husband’s!   It’s just….weird.  Swearing is now mainstream and you know what?  That kind of sucks because swear words were a lot more fun when they were BAD WORDS.  But how bad can a word be when old ladies and little kids use it on a regular basis?  Not that f-ing bad, I guess...*lol*

So what else is going on with me?  Well, I’m still unemployed and am NOT enjoying that.  It’s really, really, really boring, you guys.  I mean, I always try to look at the bright side of all situations, and I do believe that I will find a great job….but when???  I’m now at the 20-weeks unemployed mark, and according to a recent statistic on unemployment in these recessionary times, that’s not unusual nor should it be cause for alarm.   Well, I’m a bit alarmed, mofos!  And also a bit tired of talking/thinking about it, so….I’m changing the subject….*oy*

I was at the mall earlier today, not to shop but to *data gather* with my friend.  She has a cool idea for a business venture and we’re going to see where that takes us.  ANYWAY…as I was walking around, I noticed that absolutely everything in the place is on sale, and I also noticed that a couple of stores had some fall merchandise in already!  THIS is something that makes me oh-so-very-happy J  So much so that I want to <squeal> and kick up my heels J J J  Summer’s half over and nobody’s happier about that than I am!  However, we’ll have some scorching hot days to endure before it finally wraps up; this coming weekend is forecasted to be hot, humid and hellish.  I intend to spend it in my basement, reading the August issues of InStyle, Marie Claire and Lucky, which are all featuring fall fashion previews :)  *DROOL*

And that brings us to the end of today's post.  I apologize for not posting as frequently as I should, and I apologize for the uninspired content of this post.  I’m not my usual *shining star* self these days, but I know it’s temporary.  Thanks for all the love and support, kids J


Ciao,
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment